Bringing the right attitude — including a spirit of curiosity about other perspectives, and humility about one’s own knowledge — will help promote viewpoint diversity and enable students to get the most out of college.
Is the University Killing Free Speech and Open Debate?
Coddling University vs. Strength University: By Jonathan Haidt
Two incompatible sacred values in American Universities, By Jonathan Haidt
Popular Articles and Blogs from Heterodox Academy
- Read more on the topic of microaggressions and safe spaces in The Coddling of the American Mind.
- Learn more about victimhood culture and how it draws people in from this essay by sociologists Bradley Campbell and Jason Manning.
- How Marcuse made today’s students less tolerant than their parents
- FIRE 2016 Keynote: Alice Dreger on Academic Freedom
- See our Back to School video playlist
Next Steps / What You Can Do on Campus
- Declare your school a Heterodox University to advocate for free speech on campus
- Explore our HXA Heterodox Holiday placemat to facilitate conversations around your table
- Download and share our Heterodox Academy badge and show your support for viewpoint diversity