This job position has been filled. We welcome Sean Stevens as our new Research Director
Social scientist (Ph.D. or ABD) sought to become research director for HeterodoxAcademy.org, At NYU-Stern School of Business, under direction of Jonathan Haidt
We are seeking a talented and experienced researcher with some tech skills to help run two projects that use social science research to improve major American institutions. Your main job would be research director for HeterodoxAcademy.org, a collaboration of social scientists trying to increase viewpoint diversity in the academy. You would also be part of the team at EthicalSystems.org, a research collaboration that uses behavioral science to “make ethics easy” for businesses.
The ideal candidate would be a recent Ph.D. or ABD (All But Dissertation) in a social science who has both technological sophistication and excellent writing skills.
What You Will Do:
- Design and post web-based surveys and experiments, working with PHP and HTML.
- Analyze survey results in SPSS.
- Manage the database at YourMorals.org, which is the platform on which the other projects operate.
- Create engaging blog posts for HeterodoxAcademy.org and EthicalSystems.org.
- Work with leading social scientists to share their research and conclusions.
- Collaborate on writing academic papers based on the mountains of data we collect.
- Partner with high schools, colleges and businesses to customize online surveys for them, and then help them to understand their data.
- Digest academic articles from across the social sciences and distill the most important lessons for non-academic readers.
- Disrupt political orthodoxy and restore free speech and vigorous debate at American universities.
- The position is based in New York City, at New York University.
- Your official titles would be “Research Director, Heterodox Academy,” and “Associate Research Scholar at New York University Stern School of Business.” You would be part of the Business and Society Program. You would report directly to Jonathan Haidt and work with him on all projects.
- We are looking for someone who is excited by the prospect of applying research findings to solve major social problems. We want to build a team that will work together for years to come.
- Salary: $80,000 per year, plus full benefits; or more if your experience warrants it.
To Apply: Send a CV, writing sample, and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the job to Jeremy Willinger, Communications Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consider sharing this position announcement with your network.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.