Last updated: August 21, 2023
At Heterodox Academy, we are committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying relevant accessibility standards.
Accessibility on Our Website
We strive to make our website accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities. We have taken steps to ensure that our website is in compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, Level AA. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and we are dedicated to adhering to them.
- We are actively working to improve the accessibility and usability of our website. In doing so, we are committed to the following:
- Regularly reviewing and updating our website to maintain compliance with evolving accessibility standards.
- Providing accessibility training for our staff to ensure they understand and implement best practices.
- Conducting regular accessibility assessments and audits to identify and address areas for improvement.
Here are some of the steps we have taken to ensure accessibility on our website:
- Text Alternatives: When possible, we provide alternative text descriptions for all meaningful images to ensure they are accessible to screen readers.
- Keyboard Navigation: Our website can be navigated using a keyboard, ensuring users who cannot use a mouse can still access all content. (Arrow Navigation, Tab (forward) & Shift + Tab (backward) for link navigation, Enter for link clicks, etc.)
- Color Contrast: We have chosen color combinations that meet or exceed the recommended contrast ratios, making the content readable for users with low vision.
- Responsive Design: Our website is designed to be responsive and compatible with various screen sizes and devices.
- Clear Structure: We use appropriate headings, lists, and other formatting techniques to ensure a clear and logical structure for our content.
- Accessible Forms: Our forms are designed to be navigable and usable by screen readers, and they include clear instructions and labels.
- Videos and Multimedia: Wherever possible, we provide captions and transcripts for videos and other multimedia content.