Thanks for supporting the podcast. We’re now at episode 50!
In this episode, clinical psychologist Kathryn Gordon talks about whether prejudiced political expression can cause trauma in listeners. Katie worked as a professor in the psychology department at North Dakota State University (NDSU) for ten years.
We also talk about Katie’s podcast Jedi Counsel, which is co-hosted by Brandon Saxton. Jedi Counsel discusses psychological science through fictional characters, current events, and interviews.
- Area racism and birth outcomes among Blacks in the United States
- Testing the Association Between Traditional and Novel Indicators of County-Level Structural Racism and Birth Outcomes among Black and White Women
- Perceived racism and mental health among Black American adults: a meta-analytic review.
- Racism as a Determinant of Health: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Racial Discrimination and Asian Mental Health: A Meta-Analysis
This is a transcript of this episode.
Rating the Show
If you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes:
- Go to the show’s iTunes page and click “View in iTunes”
- Click “Ratings and Reviews” which is to the right of “Details”
- Next to “Click to Rate” select the stars.