Carol Quillen is my guest on this episode. She’s the president of Davidson College, my alma mater, and she is also a historian by training. She received her PhD in history from Princeton University. In 2018, Princeton awarded her the James Madison Medal, given in recognition of a distinguished career. She has published essays and talked about the usefulness of debate and free expression in academia, and has also commented on the limits of free expression.
- Carol Quillen on Twitter
- Carol Quillen Biography
- Fostering Democratic Values on Campus, a panel discussion with Carol Quillen, Ron Daniels, Wayne Frederick, and John Donvan
- Reframing the Free Speech versus Inclusivity Debate by Carol Quillen, The Davidsonian
- Time for a Detox: How the Sugar High of Certainty Impairs Speaking about Speech by Carol Quillen, Forbes
- Buckle Up, It’s College by Carol Quillen, Forbes
- Talk by Carol Quillen at the Community Building Initiative in Charlotte
- Is Ethical Public Service Still Possible?, talk by William Kristol followed by panel discussion andd Q&A with Carol Quillen, sociology professor Natalie Delia Deckard, philosophy professor Daniel Layman, Davidson College event
- 2020 – It Only Gets Worse From Here: Mike Allen & Vann Professor of Ethics and Society Bill Kristol, Davidson College event
Here is a transcript of this episode.
If you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes:
- Go to the show’s iTunes page and click “View in iTunes”
- Click “Ratings and Reviews” which is to the right of “Details”
- Next to “Click to Rate” select the stars.