Phoebe Maltz Bovy (@tweetertation) is my guest today. She’s the author of The Perils of “Privilege”: Why Injustice Can’t be Solved by Accusing Others of Advantage, published in 2017.
Her essays on privilege and politics have appeared in The New Republic, The Atlantic, The Washington Post, and other publications. She also co-hosts the heterodox show Feminine Chaos with Kat Rosenfeld, available in streaming video on bloggingheads tv and as a podcast. We’ll be talking about her book and some of her more recent articles on privilege.
Here is a transcript of this episode.
- Phoebe Maltz Bovy on Twitter
- Perils of Privilege excerpt in The New Republic
- Feminine Chaos, a bloggingheads.tv show on heterodox feminism with Phoebe Maltz Bovy and Kat Rosenfeld. (You can also donate to the show on Patreon.)
- The last thing on ‘privilege’ you’ll ever need to read by Carlos Lozada, book review in The Washington Post
- Sympathy for the White Devil: Phoebe Maltz Bovy’s ‘The Perils of Privilege’ by Jacqui Shine, LA Review of Books
- Liberals need to stop to stop obsessing over privilege or they’ll never accomplish anything by Phoebe Maltz Bovy, Quartz
- White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack by Peggy McIntosh
If you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes:
- Go to the show’s iTunes page and click “View in iTunes”
- Click “Ratings and Reviews” which is to the right of “Details”
- Next to “Click to Rate” select the stars.