Katie Gordon is my guest today. Katie previously appeared on Episode 50: Can Offensive Political Speech Cause Trauma?
On today’s episode, we’ll be talking about ways you can counsel and help students during the Coronavirus pandemic.
We talk about what you can and cannot do, given legal and ethical guidelines around psychotherapy. We’ll also discuss resources that you and your students can use and explain what classroom practices might be most effective during the pandemic.
Even though this episode is primarily for professors, it could be useful regardless of your current role.
Here is a transcript of this episode.
- FACE COVID: How to respond effectively to the Corona crisis by Dr Russ Harris
- ACT Companion: The Happiness Trap App – Apple version and Google version (free with code TOGETHER)
- How to Cope When the World is Canceled: 6 Critical Skills from Dr. Ali Mattu’s The Psych Show
- Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by David D. Burns (discussed in this episode)
- How Can Professors help students with mental health concerns (March 2018) by Katie Gordon and Brandon Saxton (2018)
- Jedi Counsel—Episode 86: College Mental Health (March 2018) with Katie Gordon and Brandon Saxton
- Online Mental Health Resources (from Katie Gordon’s website)
Rating the Show
If you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes:
- Go to the show’s iTunes page and click “View in iTunes”
- Click “Ratings and Reviews” which is to the right of “Details”
- Next to “Click to Rate” select the stars.