Amy Edmondson is my guest on this episode. She’s an organizational psychologist at Harvard Business School and she’s known for her highly influential studies of psychological safety, the sense that you can be honest and open and can take interpersonal risks at your workplace without fear of punishment. She has also published influential papers on team formation, and organizational learning.
We’ll be talking about her book The Fearless Organization: Creating Psychological Safety in the Workplace for Learning, Innovation and Growth, published last year and how college and university professors can leverage this research.
Here is the transcript of the episode.
- The Fearless Organization: Creating Psychological Safety in the Workplace for Learning, Innovation and Growth by Amy Edmondson
- Teaming: How Organizations Learn, Innovate, and Compete in the Knowledge Economy by Amy Edmondson
- Amy Edmondson’s Faculty Page
- Building a psychologically safe workplace, a TEDx Harvard Graduate School of Education talk
- How to turn a group of strangers into a team, a TEDx New York talk
Rating the Show
If you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes:
- Go to the show’s iTunes page and click “View in iTunes”
- Click “Ratings and Reviews” which is to the right of “Details”
- Next to “Click to Rate” select the stars.
Other Episodes of Half Hour of Heterodoxy >>