The HxA Blog
As the cornerstone of HxA, our blog serves as a platform for academics, researchers, professors, and students to share their perspectives on pedagogy, research, and current events across higher education.
As an organization that prizes pluralism and constructive disagreement — and with thousands of members who hold diverse views on issues — we publish viewpoints from across the academy. Opinions expressed here are those of the author(s). Publication does not imply endorsement by Heterodox Academy or any of its members.
We aspire to have every reader of our blog come away with a richer understanding of challenges within the university environment, as well as data and practical strategies for addressing them.
Please see our Submissions Guidelines if you are interested in contributing an article to the HxA Blog.
- Protecting Free Speech in Universities: Insights from the UKFebruary 14, 2024+Abhishek Saha+Viewpoint Diversity+Open Inquiry+Campus Policy+Campus Climate
- Summary of Stewart Goetz's C.S. Lewis on Higher EducationJanuary 30, 2024+Patrick J. Casey+Teaching
- Is DEI Causing the ‘Crisis of Free Speech’ on Campus?December 5, 2023+Kevin Wallsten+Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)+Campus Climate+Viewpoint Diversity
- California’s Community Colleges Have Lost Their WayNovember 29, 2023+Leo Krubner+Viewpoint Diversity+Public Policy+Campus Policy
- Highschoolification (Noun): The Tragic Demise of the Greatest System of Public Education in the World (Book Summary)November 20, 2023+Steven Lysne+Academic Careers+Campus Climate+Teaching
- Innovation and Social Progress Require Unfettered Free SpeechNovember 16, 2023+Michael Muthukrishna+Viewpoint Diversity+Campus Climate+Public Policy
We are open to publishing articles on the HxA Blog from contributors across the academy that advance the principles of open inquiry, viewpoint diversity, and constructive disagreement to improve higher education and academic research. View our submission guidelines and submit your article to the HxA Blog today.