The Heterodox Communities (HxCommunities) are offered as a service to help facilitate connection between educators, administrators, students, and other individuals who wish to better understand and advance heterodoxy within their shared academic setting. Each HxCommunity is led by a member and generally operates independently of the Heterodox Academy organization (though HxA helps to launch each HxCommunity and provides support along the way).
HxCommunity members are encouraged to utilize their community space for:
- Constructively discussing research, ideas, and articles
- Sharing resources unique to their discipline, location, and institution
- Collaborating to host events and other activities
- Providing support for one another
- Finding and offering assistance with research or other projects