The Heterodox Communities (HxCommunities) are offered as a service to help facilitate connection between educators, administrators, students, and other individuals who wish to better understand and advance heterodoxy within their shared academic setting. Each HxCommunity is led by a member and generally operates independently of the Heterodox Academy organization (though HxA helps to launch each HxCommunity and provides support along the way).
HxCommunity members are encouraged to utilize their community space for:
- Constructively discussing research, ideas, and articles
- Sharing resources unique to their discipline, location, and institution
- Collaborating to host events and other activities
- Providing support for one another
- Finding and offering assistance with research or other projects
Before submitting your request, please note:
- Each HxCommunity seeks to promote the values of HxA — viewpoint diversity, open inquiry, and constructive disagreement — within their specific context. There are eligibility requirements for each group in order to maintain focused and quality engagement. The description and criteria for each HxCommunity is listed below.
- Communication within each HxCommunity primarily takes place in a closed Facebook or Google Group. Once your request is reviewed and approved, you will receive an email with instructions to join your HxCommunity’s Facebook or Google Group.
- The content and views shared in the HxCommunities are developed by scholars within the groups and do not necessarily reflect the position of the Heterodox Academy organization.
- We embrace a set of norms and values within the Heterodox Academy community that we call “The HxA Way.” We encourage our members, affiliates, and friends to embody these in all of their professional interactions. We insist on these norms and values for those publishing on our platforms, attending our events, and participating in HxCommunities.
For more information about a particular HxCommunity, please contact the moderator listed below. Other questions may be directed to email@example.com.
If you have a suggestion for a new HxCommunity, please complete this form.