Oliver Burkeman is a British journalist and author based in Brooklyn. We discuss his recent Guardian essay where he argues that excessive engagement with political news is unhealthy for individual wellbeing and for democracy.
- How the news took over reality by Oliver Burkeman
- The Antidote: Happiness for People Who Can’t Stand Positive Thinking (Burkeman)
- Video: The Negative Path to Happiness and Success (Burkeman)
- Help! How To Be Slightly Happier and Get a Bit More Done (Burkeman)
- Why time management is ruining our lives (Burkeman)
- Overdoing Democracy: Why We Must Put Politics in Its Place by Robert Talisse
Here is a transcript of the episode.
Rating the Show
If you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes:
- Go to the show’s iTunes page and click “View in iTunes”
- Click “Ratings and Reviews” which is to the right of “Details”
- Next to “Click to Rate” select the stars.