Episode 63: Joanna Schug, Relational Mobility and Cultural Confusion
- Cowboys vs. Rice Farmers: Mapping the Ecology of Cultural Difference, William & Mary News
- How to win (and lose) friendships across cultures: Why relational mobility matters by Robert Thomson and Masaku Yuki, In Mind
- Relational Mobility Depends on Where You Live, Asian Scientist
- Relational Mobility Explains Between- and Within-Culture Differences in Self-Disclosure to Close Friends by Joanna Schug, Masaki Yuki, & William Maddux, Psychological Science
- Relational mobility predicts social behaviors in 39 countries and is tied to historical farming and threat by Robert Thomson, Masaku Yuki, Thomas Talhelm, Joanna Schug, and others, PNAS
Rating the ShowIf you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes:
- Go to the show’s iTunes page and click “View in iTunes”
- Click “Ratings and Reviews” which is to the right of “Details”
- Next to “Click to Rate” select the stars.
Your generosity supports our non-partisan efforts to advance the principles of open inquiry, viewpoint diversity, and constructive disagreement to improve higher education and academic research.