Introducing New HxA Member Grants
Heterodox Academy is grateful to have such a committed, engaged membership. Members regularly carry out work that aligns with, promotes, and supports the HxA mission -- and we want to help.
HxA is introducing new Member Grants: this grant opportunity is available to HxA members seeking support for their mission-aligned efforts and initiatives.
Member Grants of up to $500 are available to support member-led activities that accomplish one of the following goals:
- Convene current HxA members, prospective HxA members, and/or HxCommunities (e.g., at a disciplinary conference meeting or through a virtual webinar)
- Promote or demonstrate the values of open inquiry, viewpoint diversity, or constructive disagreement in higher education (e.g., through a conference or campus presentation on a topic relevant to HxA’s mission)
This grant opportunity is available exclusively to HxA members. Not a member? Join today.
Within 60 days of the completion of their grant-funded activity, each grantee is responsible for providing HxA:
- A brief narrative summary of their completed project. The narrative should explain how the grant accomplished one of the goals listed above.
- For meetings and events, the date of the event and the total number of attendees.
- Invoices for any expenses paid in part or in full using the Member Grant.
- Grantees should maintain regular communication with HxA regarding the progress of their activity.
Complete the form below to apply for the Member Grant (HxA will typically respond to your request within 48 business hours). Applications for this round of funding will be accepted through December 31, 2023.
- HxA is unable to approve proposals to fund: overhead expenses; full economic costings; academic time or salary unless explicitly used for the grant activity
- Member Grants are not for expense requests related to Campus Communities, which should instead be submitted using this form.
- If approved, funding will be disbursed directly to the grantee using bill.com. ACH or check is available.
- If approved, the following is required before funds can be disbursed.
Please direct any questions about this opportunity to email@example.com.
Your generosity supports our non-partisan efforts to advance the principles of open inquiry, viewpoint diversity, and constructive disagreement to improve higher education and academic research.