The HxA Blog
As the cornerstone of HxA, our blog serves as a platform for academics, researchers, professors, and students to share their perspectives on pedagogy, research, and current events across higher education.
As an organization that prizes pluralism and constructive disagreement — and with thousands of members who hold diverse views on issues — we publish viewpoints from across the academy. Opinions expressed here are those of the author(s). Publication does not imply endorsement by Heterodox Academy or any of its members.
We aspire to have every reader of our blog come away with a richer understanding of challenges within the university environment, as well as data and practical strategies for addressing them.
Please see our Submissions Guidelines if you are interested in contributing an article to the HxA Blog.
- Filter by Topic
- All Topics
- Open Inquiry
- Viewpoint Diversity
- Constructive Disagreement
- Campus Policy
- Campus Climate
- Public Policy
- Research & Publishing
- Academic Careers
- Faith & Religion
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Filter by Type
- All Formats
- Book Summary
- Commentary (Letter)
- Commentary (Opinion)
- Research Brief
- The Illusion of 'Following the Science' in the War Over Trigger Warnings+Campus Policy+Teaching+Research & Publishing
- STEM Needs More Women – and the Social Sciences Need More Men.September 13, 2023+Nafees Alam+STEM+Research & Publishing+Viewpoint Diversity
- Double-Dipping in Academic Publishing: The Unsettling Exploitation of Authors and ReadersAugust 17, 2023+Dinesh Kumar (DJ)+Research & Publishing
- Truth-Seeking is a Moral Imperative in Scholarship: A Case Study in the Comfort Women History WarsAugust 9, 2023+Frances Gia Phung An+Open Inquiry+Academic Careers
- What Does the SCOTUS Affirmative Action Ruling Mean for Viewpoint Diversity? Not Much. (OPINION)August 2, 2023+Matt Recla+Viewpoint Diversity+Campus Policy+Public Policy
- The Irrelevance of the Supreme Court’s Affirmative Action Decision (OPINION)July 26, 2023+Harry Blain+Public Policy+Campus Policy
- Teaching Hate Speech to a Class of Students from Different JurisdictionsJuly 19, 2023+Amy Lai+Public Policy+Teaching
We are open to publishing articles on the HxA Blog from contributors across the academy that advance the principles of open inquiry, viewpoint diversity, and constructive disagreement to improve higher education and academic research. View our submission guidelines and submit your article to the HxA Blog today.