Call for Tools & Resources
There are many examples of successful and innovative initiatives, policies, and programs that have been developed to advance open inquiry, viewpoint diversity, and constructive disagreement on campuses.
Heterodox Academy seeks to build out our Tools and Resources library with these kinds of innovations that support open inquiry, viewpoint diversity, and constructive disagreement.
- Policies (e.g., policy in the Student Handbook about freedom of expression, required language for faculty job ads)
- Programs (e.g., speaker series, orientation program)
- Full Courses (e.g., SOC 396: Free Speech, Viewpoint Diversity, and Higher Education )
- Course Content (e.g., a module or unit about academic freedom)
- Practices (e.g., hiring committee guidelines, journal editor’s approach to selecting reviewers)
- Workshop or Training (e.g., new faculty development session, Center for Teaching and Learning workshop)
- Readings (e.g., a text or set of texts selected as a shared summer read or assigned in a course)
- Groups (e.g., a student group like Debate Club or BridgeUSA, or a faculty learning community)
- Metrics (e.g., the Campus Expression Survey)